Sunday, August 2, 2009

Can Do Pendants

I love easy transformations, especially if I can do them myself. I just recently saw this Magic Pendant Hardware kit that looks like a very cool concept!

This is hardware that easily converts your recessed light into a stylish hanging pendant.

The kit is equipped with a socket adapter, canopy cover, lamp holder and shade.

The pre-attached cord and canopy are fully adjustable and come in different finishes. Its screw-in design requires no tools to instantly and inexpensively transform a room's ambience.


The old recessed hole disappears behind the canopy cover that fits most standard recessed cans.

I think this is just a great idea for remodels on a budget, instant room makeovers and even for renters not allowed to "remodel".





Here are just a few of the options I saw that could really change up the look of your own home....










Drop me a note and let me know if you have used these before or what you think, are they as cool to you as they are to me?

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

This looks like it would actually work. I'm going to ask my online handyman buddy known as Online Handyman (that's creative!) what he thinks. I'll ask him to take a look and leave a comment.

It's a pretty good idea. I should be thinking these things up!

Onlinehandyman said...

What an intersting idea and a fantastic DIY project. You can change the entire look of a room in just a few minutes. All that you have to do is be able to change a bulb. You don't give mention to price or where it is available. Nice find!

Paul Anater said...

What a great idea!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very clever! How nice to know you have an option without it becoming a whole big project.

Anne Lubner Designs said...

Excellent idea, Marie for retrofitting those recessed cans. Thanks for sharing! Where do you find these cool ideas, anyway?

Btw, the pendant over the kitchen sink creates an issue with opening the shutter

Home Lighting said...

Awesome! That pendant light really made a difference, instant makeover! Thanks for sharing this post. I'm sure many are hunting that magic pendant kit now ;)