Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Junk Mail Never Looked So Good


Sandhi Schimmel Gold is a recycling genius and an artist on top of that.  She turns every day junk mail into the most amazing art!

She hand cuts, sorts and manipulates thousands of pieces; images and text to assemble a mosaic portrait.


I hope you can see the detail but here is a tighter picture to show up close just how detailed these are.....


She does custom portraits too, I know what I want for Christmas, honey are you reading this? ;)

She is probably the one person who actually gets excited by her junk mail each day.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the artist's address....I would LOVE to send her all my junk mail, ha! ha! What a concept! Recycle for art, too! YEAH! Great idea and SO practical!

Unknown said...

What a cool take on mosaic art!

Student Mommy said...

OMW that's awesome!

We Heart Home said...

Lovely pictures!

Trisha

Joan Troyer said...

Can she make a mosaic of my junk mail and my face? I guess she can.