Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Splash of Color

Every time I see this piece in the Gump's magazine it catches my eye.....

So the other day on a whim I went out to Sherwin Williams and bought myself some paint, Burma Jade SW2862 to be exact and tackled my own boring bookcases in my sitting room. (It's the cobbler's kids have no shoes theory with me if you are wondering why I had boring bookcases in my own house....)

And voila, here is how it turned out. This is our private sanctuary so I can't think of anything better to look at in there than pictures of family and friends in frames I have collected over the years, that is another project though, updating and tweeking some of these frames....It's sooo much easier to help my clients than myself.
What inspires you? Do you ever act on a whim with a splash of color?

5 comments:

Michele Beatty Interiors said...

It's amazing what a little paint color can do. It looks great and I love spontaneous projects.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Marie! That looks fantastic! You are so brave {no test swatch?} What a difference it made - and this is just the back of the bookcase!

Anonymous said...

That's cool. I'm jealous.

Love the Decor! said...

That turned out beautifully. I am right there with you on the "easier to help a client" thing. Why are we like that? :))

Jane @ Decormamma said...

They look great Marie! Amazing what a little color can do!