Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blingy, Bling, Bling


I have been having sooo much fun with one of my clients lately.....She loves bling aka anything shiny and pretty and isn't afraid to decorate with it either.

(clients daughter, added another layer of bling to her chandelier)

In strategically placed spots throughout the house are bits of sparkle to make her smile.


I recently had a leather sectional delivered to her media room and the delivery guy, all sweaty and gruff actually said to me, "are you the designer of this house?  I love the foyer chandelier, it's beautiful"....How random, cool is that?


My contractor was skeptical through it all, since he was the one who had to put all the lighting together and let's just say that was not "standard procedure"...


 But the other day I was getting window treatments installed and he texted me on his own, "looking great!"...Whoa, he is a man's man and doesn't like ANYTHING "girly".



Sooo I would say mission accomplished by those 2 remarks alone...But on top of it the client is thrilled and that makes me very happy! :)


Sooo the above pictures were all the crystal lighting we put in her house but check out the formal dining room hardware for her window treatments....


An unexpected surprise don't you think?  Remember "shiny and pretty".

22 comments:

SupermomToki said...

Wow! You do amazing, breathtaking work. I saw your post on SITS and decided to check out your blog. Great job.

McKenna said...

So pretty, love the chandelier that is over the dining room table.

Karen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog:) I'm not much into house bling. A few years back we did some major redecorating and I'm amazed at how much more comfortable I am in my own house:)

Margaret Almon said...

I too love sparkle--it makes me happy! I'm glad you were able to delight your client.

george.pepper@eurocell.co.uk said...

Love the effect you've created in the bathroom over the windows. Looks almost like cascading water. Very apt for the location. Great Stuff

Kavuli said...

Happy SITS Day!!! I love the blog and I will be stealing many ideas for my home. Well done!

Eternal*Voyageur (Venusian*Glow) said...

I adore the bling hanging off the chandelier!

LisaDay said...

If you sold those two - plus the client - you must have done something right.

LisaDay

The Dutch Girl said...

I want a chandelier in my kitchen but I can't convince my husband.

Happy SITS Day! Enjoy the comment love today.

Hanneke

Morgan said...

Oh my ... I love the sparkle of the lights on the ceiling above the bathtub. I could find a lot of time to enjoy a bubble bath and look at that bling!

Enjoy your SITS day! :)

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

The light fixtures are gorgeous. I love the idea. We went a pewter route with our lighting, which I love, but it would be nice to add a little sparkle to our house. I wonder how my man's man would react. LOL

Visiting from SITS :)

Unknown said...

Love sparkle!

Mama Up! said...

I think I like sparkle in moderation - it stands out more that way. Tiny touches, like you say!

Venus said...

I especially like the pendant above the tub in the bathroom. :-) Good stuff!

Tricia O. said...

I love it. Love it. Love it. Trying to decide if I can pull off a fixture like the one in the dining room in my house-I'm thinking not so much with the arts and crafts design, but I still love it.

Happy SITS Day!

Mommy Crib Notes said...

I'm a secret bling lover and think the sparkle is great!

TuTu's Bliss said...

I can't wait until we stop house hopping so we can really decorate. I love your photographs. With the military as soon as it starts looking like home we're packing up and repainting the walls.

Hatton said...

Love the sparkles!!

tinseltine.com said...

Happy SITS Day! Looks like you really enjoy what you do and do it well. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this helpful advice with us.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Love love the curtains with the bling.But more so I love the color of the curtains. Are those curtains available retail or was that custom made? You are very talented. Thank you for sharing.

Marie said...

All the drapes were custom made, thank you for the sweet comments. :)