Thursday, November 3, 2011

Paris Time

 

I have decided to not fight jet lag and instead embrace Paris time...The problem with this though is most of my clients don't want to have meetings at 5am....Sooo I am hoping that within a few days my jet lag will have worn off and I will gradually go back to USA Central Time, I know this weekend we'll be falling back so that should help.

Sooo anyway, the trip was fantastic....Want to hear about it???

My Mom and I arrived in Belgium and of course immediately had to taste all that they are known for....Chocolates, beer, french fries and waffles, almost in that order and you know what.....They are all better there! :)


We walked around Brussels and of course had to see the Mannekin Pis statue...He was sooo much smaller than I pictured him being...Oh and the picture on the right is a day trip to Brugge, beautiful, quaint town.


Next we trained it over to Amsterdam, where anything goes, and I mean anything!  I didn't buy the cannabis starter kits or buy a woman from the red light district either, though I saw them....Oh and if you want coffee go to a Cafe, Coffee Shops are NOT what they appear...


I haven't ever seen sooo many bicycles in my life!


We departed Amsterdam for the Rhine and Moselle rivers via a river cruise, through Germany...This did NOT suck!  This was my Mom's first cruise so she was VERY excited...


We visited some great towns along the way, such as Cologne,


 Rudesheim,


Heidelberg,


Koblenz,

Cochem,


Bernkastel,

(Even on a foggy morning it was beautiful!)

and many other charming sites along the way....


If you haven't done this part of Germany don't hesitate to consider it for a future vacation destination area...Especially if you like wine, which my Mom and I do.


We then disembarked...


 And went on to Paris...My Mom left and my hubby had flown in for 3 days of romance, which was bliss, though he had jet lag when we met up, ha!

(This is where I met up with him but he was posing for this picture, I didn't really find him with his tongue out, ha!)

We walked ALL over Paris, as in over 8 hours, only stopping to eat occasionally...It's truly the only way to see Paris up close and personal.


The next day we rode bicycles all around Versailles.


We stopped at a local outdoor market and stocked up on must-haves including wine, cheese, baguette, olives and of course some french pastries...


 and picnicked right here on the grounds....

(At the other end of this lake is the Palace)

You could bike around this forever and just get lost in all the beauty around you...


Then of course you see this, the gold gate....


 We were shocked with the opulence of it all, and now I think I know what those women must have thought when they arrived to take down the Monarchy...


I will blog more on the Palace of Versailles at another date, I promise.


It was a fabulous trip and yes it's hard to be back, and yes I wish I was there still...If it wasn't for my baby dog here in America, I would still probably find a way to be there, for work of course. ;)


Hope you enjoyed a peek into our trip aboard. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS, Marie!!! Thank you so much for sharing..... I have always wanted to take the trip myself! :) Your pictures are SO inviting....

Unknown said...

Your photos are wonderful. I'm so glad I stopped by from SITS! I got to see places through your camera lens that I will never see in real life. I hope you find time to pay me a visit as well, although I don't have exotic photos to share, I am hosting a giveaway of an awesome day planner!

AiringMyLaundry said...

How fantastic!!

I used to live in Belgium and I miss it. I want a Belgian Waffle like you wouldn't believe..

Mrs. H said...

Hi Marie, thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!! Hubs and I finally gave in and hired an interior designer recently...she started yesterday. Loved your photos from your trip...we're hoping to make it to Germany, Prague and Austria next year.

Tori Nelson said...

Looks like the most the fun!

Devan @ Accustomed Chaos said...

Looks like an amazing time! one day i hope to travel over!

Caren with a "C" said...

Wow, you made me homesick for Germany! We lived there for two years when I was a young child. I did not want to leave. Glad you had such a great trip!

Bobby said...

I love Dutch housing, and Paris is simply wonderful. Looks like a great trip